Manage episode 231408717 series 80164
For greater wellness, we need to create a primal fusion of diet, exercise, rest, and happiness. Without even one, none of them will work. All of your primal needs have to fuse perfectly and be in balance. - Sara Gustafson
How can we break through modern world influences that numb, distract, and cloud our thinking to be with our most authentic, primal self?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 268, Champion of Radical Self-Care, Female Empowerment Founder of “Women Who Raise Hell”, and Director of Women's Health Ambassador of Authenticity at Primal Fusion, Sara Gustafson, discusses how you create more primal fusion in your life, the power of healing through neurosomatic therapy, and how you can harness the power within to make anything you want come true.
---> Join the Wellness Warrior VIP Club: get exclusive discounts on new wellness tools, be first in line for new podcasts, get access to invite-only events, and so much more.**
---> Get The Morning 21: A powerful (and free) system designed to give you more energy, let go of old weight, and live life well.
Listen and discover what the various "Spiritually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)" are including spiritual bypassing, spiritual materialism, spiritual narcissism, and spiritual activism.
As leaders in the holistic health and sports performance space they've spent years sourcing the highest quality products and services that improve quality of life and contribute to optimizing human performance on every level: Mental, physical, spiritual, emotional.
Primal Fusion Holistic Wellness Programs & Services include:
- Integrative Health & Performance Appraisal
- Neurosomatic Therapy
- Mastery of ME Program
"Happiness is what's missing from most people's primal fusion. They don't prioritize, understand, or believe the value of happiness. It's impossible to have a balanced primal fusion if you're not happy." - Sara GustafsonListen To Episode 268 As Sara Gustafson Uncovers:
- Why the rapid growth of violence has been so hard on men and their masculine identity.
- Why conflict is healthy in a relationship, love is hard, and relationships take work.
- Why people hide behind their ego through spiritual materialism by going to church or yoga class and owning items like crystals.
- Why activism is still a form of violence because it's segregating and dividing.
- The health issues she faced as a child with a poor immune system and how taking antibiotics and the steroid, prednisone, had a further negative effect on her wellness.
- The social pressures she faced as a teenager to be perfect while battling constant illness.
- How her own experiences with bullying and sexual assault as a teenager led her to help other girls her age in an organization she began with local schools counselors called Teens Against Dating Violence.
- How being a victim led her to make herself more masculine through bodybuilding, being tougher, and emasculating men which then led to a lot of hurt in her relationships with them.
- The difficult divorce she experienced and how that led her feeling like a victim once again.
- The visceral coding that the mind goes through when we've experienced trauma.
- Why women shouldn't be raising hell through protest but raising hell within themselves to let go of all the pain that's inside.
- Why she believes that women truly don't know what they want because they've experienced so many years of not really being listened to by men.
- Her exploration of past lives and how ancestral karma is impacting her life and the lessons she's learning now.
- How her and Aleks balance being business partners at Primal Fusion, working together, raising children, and being in a relationship.
- Why tracking all of your data and being obsessed with what you eat is why you're not seeing the results you want.
- Steps you can take to be brutally honest with yourself about what's happening in your relationship before communicating about it with your partner.
- Why women have such a hard time accepting that they're holding onto their anger for so long because of victim empowerment.
- The importance of knowing how to breathe properly deep in the belly before attending a breathwork workshop.
- How being authentic about honest about her personal life helps her keep in check.
[spacer height="20px" id="2"]Power Quotes From The Show
"The Hero's Journey isn't about sacrifice, it's about uncovering your truth. You have to decondition your truth, break it open, and put yourself back together again." - Sara Gustafson
"Embodying, exploring, and sitting with our feelings without any distractions is the hardest part of inner work because it is not comfortable. We're talking no drugs, alcohol, or excessive activities. If anything is going to make you grow, it's that because of how our modern culture has been built. Everything you can think of that will numb the cry of our bodies exists in substances like pills, environments like bars, or distractions like spending long amounts of time doing an activity from working out to shopping to learning." - Sara Gustafson
"For greater wellness, you have to focus on fusing all of your primal needs together. Without even one, none of them will work. If you don't have your diet in place, exercise will fall apart. If you don't rest or recover, nothing else will be in place. If you're not happy, then forget being able to do anything else. If you're not focusing on yourself and taking responsibility for that, then why invest in anything else? All of your primal needs need to fuse perfectly and be in balance." - Sara Gustafson
"Happiness is what's missing from most people's primal fusion. They don't prioritize, understand, or believe the value of happiness. When we try to program happiness into a client's life, it can take them up to a year sometimes to begin to start practicing it because they don't understand its value. It's impossible to have good health if you're not happy." - Sara Gustafson
"You are in control of your life and every decision you make. You have the power and you can create anything that you want to happen. Some people are so afraid of that power that they don't want it because they're afraid that once they recognize and embody that power, then they're responsible for it. Once they're responsible for that power, they're then afraid to fail." - Sara GustafsonLinks From Today's Show
- Sara Gustafson
- Primal Fusion
- Primal Fusion Team
- Primal Fusion Holistic Health, Performance & Transformational Life Coaching
- Women Who Raise Hell Facebook Group
- Neurosomatic Therapy
- Diaphragmatic Breathing Exercises and Your Vagus Nerve
- Breathology: Master Your Nervous System
- I Tried This Trippy Healing Modality For Mental Clarity—And Still Can't Believe How It Made Me Feel
- Eckhart Tolle
- JP Sears
- WFR 226 Paul Chek
- WFR 258 Boysen Hodgson
Visionary thought leader, authenticity expert, and truth-seeking provocateur Sara Gustafson sparks healing + transformation through her powerful life coaching and holistic wellness programs. A champion for radical self-care who has embraced the empowered divine feminine within, Sara boldly inspires positive change that leads to ultimate wellbeing through intimate conversations, weaving insightful humor with uncomfortable truths.
Her courageous writing, perceptive speaking, dynamic coaching, and uplifting teaching, invites us to discover our deepest truth, ignite healing and live our lives with passion and purpose.
As a survivor of chronic illness, sexual assault, bullying, and depression, who spent her entire childhood in and out of doctors offices and hospitals, it was through the gateway of intolerable suffering that Sara invoked her own radical metamorphosis and unearthed her life’s work to help others shift out of pain into radiant wellness.Join The Wellness Warrior VIP Club:
**Click on the photo above to get exclusive discounts on new wellness tools, be first in line for new podcasts, get access to invite-only events, and so much more.**More Top Episodes
- 226 Paul Chek: The Revolution Is Coming (3 Part Series)
- 131 Drew Manning: Emotional Fitness
- 129 Gretchen Rubin: The Four Tendencies
- 183 Dr. Kyra Bobinet: Brain Science
- 196 Aubrey Marcus: Own The Day
- 103 Robb Wolf: Wired To Eat
- Best of The Best: The Top 10 Guests From over 200 Shows
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Tweet us on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
Rate & Review Wellness Force
301 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 61 mins duration .