Manage episode 224792419 series 142205
- CES is this week: let's not beat this to death. A lot of computers were announced, including a Surface Studio clone from Lenovo.
- It looks like Intel is serious about moving to 10nm this year, and Intel is talking up 'Project Athena,' its strategy for going beyond ultrabooks.
- Privacy (as a service): Microsoft should stop marketing AI and market privacy instead. First step: Bali, a way for users to control data that's been collected about them.
- Microsoft giveaway update: we gave away the Xbox Game Pass and Office 365 Home product keys and the hardware just arrived. Here's how you can win a Surface Go with Type Cover or Surface Headphones! (U.S. and Canada only, sorry)
- Two major signs of sanity in Windows 10 19H1: 7-day update delays in Windows Update in Windows 10 Home, Microsoft finally silences Cortana in Windows 10 Setup (but not in Home).
- Windows 10 19H1 build adds support for password-less Microsoft accounts and sign-ins.
- Build 18312 was released today with Reset This PC improvements.
- Let's revisit Windows 10 on ARM. Yes, this really matters.
- Non-controversy of the week: Windows 10 will now set aside 7 GB of disk for coming updates
- About Citrix's plans for Windows Virtual Desktop
- GitHub to give free users unlimited private repos
- Microsoft should make Surface-branded wireless earbuds (Update: They are working on it)
- Microsoft continued losing to Sony in the console wars in 2018, but there was a lot of good news too
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Choose the right digital assistant
- App pick of the week: Firefox ARM64 for Windows 10 on ARM
- Enterprise pick of the week: Teams gets more firstline worker features
- Buzzword pick of the week: "Partner"
- Beer pick of the week: Firestone Walker Propagator Generation 1
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
159 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 108 mins duration .