Manage episode 190739294 series 1430551
We visited Barcelona for about a week with Matt's parents, which was a rare treat for us! However, on just our second day there, we had one of the most dreaded experiences: we were only two blocks away from a terrorist attack.
During this episode, we certainly covered that day and experience in full detail. But, we made sure to talk about plenty of other things, such as:
- AirBNB troubles
- Food in Barcelona, including tapas, paella, and more!
- Delectable drinks (the many that we had)
- La Rambla (and, as mentioned, the terrorist attack there while we were just two blocks away)
- What it was like for us to continue to stay in Barcelona even after the attack
- The people in Barcelona
- La Barceloneta (the beach in Barcelona) and how it greatly exceeded our expectations
- La Sagrada Familia, a massive and beautiful church that's been under construction since 1882
- Park Guell, a colorful and artistic park made by the same architect that designed La Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi
- Our favorite restaurant there, which was an excellent recommendation from a family friend
- Mount Tibidabo, which is an amusement park with a gorgeous church on top of a mountain overlooking Barcelona
- The Gothic Quarter
and much, much more!
Be sure to check out our blog post here that has tons of fun pictures.
Also, be sure to watch our video, which has some footage of where we were during the terrorist attack and many of the places we went in Barcelona.
Wine: Viña Mercedes- Merlot (Spain)
30 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 46 mins duration .