Manage episode 196221755 series 1430551
Ever wondered what it was like to travel and have your accommodations for free? Well, fortunately, we do! We traveled to Viareggio in Tuscany, Italy and housesat for a couple who had two dogs. While they went on vacation, we watched their house and took care of their dogs for them. What did we get in return? Free accommodation and an experience of a lifetime!
In this episode, we talked about tons of stuff, such as:
- What "housesitting" is
- Where we found the housesit oppportunity
- How you can start housesitting
- Positives and negatives of housesitting and taking care of someone else's pets
- Responsibilities as housesitters
- Living in Viareggio for a month
- Day trips to places nearby, like Pisa, Lucca, and Cinque Terre (specifically Manarola)
- Being chased after and threatened by an insane man in Pisa
- The train stations and system in Italy, specifically Tuscany
- Magical views
- Tips on traveling from and to Fiumicino Airport in Rome for cheap
- Other travel tips!
- FOOD and WINE in Italy
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa and the best part about it
- Other spectacular landmarks and views
And much more!
If you want to see pictures of everything we talked about or get more information, check out our blog post here!
You can also watch our video of our time in Italy here.
Thank you all for listening! Cheers!
Wine: Casaleo - Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (Italy)
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .