Manage episode 198391158 series 1430551
Marilyn and Matt finally visited their friend, Vinny, who lives in Charleston, South Carolina! While there, the two explored the city of Charleston and even took a day trip to Savannah, Georgia. As two New Yorkers, this was a bit out of their comfort zone, but they loved every second of it!
In this episode, they discussed:
- Where they found $140 roundtrip tickets
- How they found a cheap car to rent and why renting a car is so important in exploring the USA
- Eating ALL the food, like fried okra, collard greens, grits, biscuits, she crab soup, and barbeque
- Exploring Magnolia Plantation and stumbling upon an unexpected alligator!
- Gorgeous views at Folly Beach, even in the freezing cold
- Outstanding barbeque from a restaurant featured on Bizarre Foods Delicious Destinations with Andrew Zimmern
- Wandering around Savannah, discovering it's so small, but when walking in circles, it doesn't feel like that
- FREE bus service in Savannah, Georgia
- River Street and the greatest sweets they've ever had: pralines!
- A somber yet beautiful cemetery
- The monstrous and dreamy homes in Charleston
- The worst place to eat in Charleston, SC
- Colorful and captivating buildings on Rainbow Row, Broad Street, and East Bay Street
- The nightlife on King Street
- Super Bowl Sunday in Charleston
- The absolute best movie to watch on Netflix
Thank you all for reading/listening! If you'd like some extra information or to see some pictures from our adventures, check out the blog here!
Wine: Citra - Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (Italy)
40 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 48 mins duration .