Manage episode 200102065 series 1430551
This is the first episode of a new series of the podcast called "Living Abroad," which focuses on exactly as the title says: living abroad! We want to bring to light what it's truly like moving and living abroad in places that are very different from our home country. In this first episode of the series, we talked about our experience living in Thailand, specifically Chonburi.
In the episode, we talked about:
- Why we moved abroad in the first place after college in 2014
- Why we moved to Thailand and specifically Chonburi
- How we found jobs on Craigslist teaching English there after first being scammed
- Cost of living in Chonburi and Thailand in general
- Our hotel room-like apartment with unbelievably cheap rent, even when blasting the A/C constantly!
- Living off of just $900 USD per month
- Food in Thailand: the cost of eating out, groceries, and why we love Thai food
- Spending about $4-6 per day on exquisite Thai food
- Things to do in Chonburi: Night Market, attend a Soccer game and drink outside with the locals afterwards, go to Monkey Mountain and get swarmed by monkeys, and more!
- Places to go around Chonburi, like Bangkok, Pattaya, and Bang Saen Beach
- The brutal heat and torrential rain
And much more! If you'd like more information about our lives in Chonburi, Thailand, check out the blog post! We included a couple of extra must-dos as well, like the Hell Garden and Chinese Temple!
Wine: Lion's Gate - Cabernet Sauvignon (South Africa)
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .