Manage episode 201028366 series 1430551
We recorded our first ever live episode on both Facebook and Youtube-- and it was a huge success! We had plenty of interactions with listeners and--duh-- plenty of wine! In the episode, we covered all things about our online jobs where we teach English to children in China with VIPKID.
In this live podcast, we talked about:
- Why we teach English online with the China-based company VIPKID
- What is VIPKID and why it's rated #1 Best Remote Job on Forbe's
- The basic needs for applying for VIPKID
- The plethora of pros, like making your own schedule, teaching students one-on-one, the excellent pay, pre-made teaching materials, and more
- The few cons, such as limited interaction with colleagues, the occasional difficulties with communicating with people in China, time difference, and more
- How we teach English to students in China without knowing any Chinese
- Which is better to get your TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate: online or in class
- Why we want to move to Shenzhen, China to teach English in person (for a change!)
- Our responses to various questions from listeners, like where we are now, the difference between British and American English, if it's possible to get teaching English jobs when you're not a native English speaker, where we're going next, and others
Wine: Modry Portugal - "Red Wine" (Portugal)
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .