Manage episode 178659442 series 1430551
In this episode of the podcast, we talked about accommodation while living abroad. A common question on people's minds when we tell them that we travel and live abroad is "Where do you live?" Ha! As if we live in a cave or something. Quite the contrary! We've lived in various types of places.
We talked about accommodation topics, such as:
- How we found all of our apartments while living abroad
- A hotel room-style apartment with no kitchen in Thailand, where we lived for six months
- The (impossibly cheap) price of living there and how we fed ourselves without a kitchen
- Our neighboring building, which was a brothel, and how it wasn't as creepy as you may think
- Actually, it was a little creepy, since our apartment building was affiliated with them and "rented out" rooms to the "employees!"
- The few stray and lovable dogs we had living on the bottom floor of the building
- Living in San Jose, California-- its perks and the opposite
- Our FREE spacious 3-bedroom apartment in South Korea
- The modern apartment we had in Korea, filled with heated floors and a computer system for visitors, calling for emergency help, and more
- Our studio apartment in Vietnam, complete with cockroaches, a tiny stove, and an incompetent landlord
- Our expensive and tiny 1-bedroom apartment in Osaka, Japan
- Sleeping on mats laid out on the floor of the room that doubled as our bedroom and living room
- How we found this apartment
And so much more!
If you'd like to learn a bit more and see some photos, feel free to check out our blog post!
Thank you for listening/reading! Cheers and happy travels!
Wine: Viña Albali - Tempranillo (Spain)
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .