Manage episode 216347170 series 1430551
We took a break in our "Backpacking Europe" series because our next topic was just too exciting to keep to ourselves: our first week living in China!
We moved to Shenzhen, China on August 18th, 2018 to teach English in primary schools. In this episode, we talked about what happened each day during our first week in China. In the episode, we discussed:
- Almost getting poisoned by counterfeit wine
- How to NOT buy/drink counterfeit alcohol
- What to pack when flying to China if you don't want to get your bags back!
- Problems with retrieving our baggage upon landing in Hong Kong
- Applying for business visas on arrival and crossing the border into China
- Getting SIM cards, metro cards, and bank accounts in Shenzhen, China
- Visiting COCO Park and discovering why it's a bit overrated
- Our first Chinese meal and our reactions to it
- What NOT to do when ordering food in China
- What eating at a Chinese restaurant in China is like and why it's our favorite style of eating!
- Apartment hunting in Shenzhen
- COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE
- Exploring Dongmen, our favorite place in Shenzhen so far for shopping and STREET FOOD!
- Dining with a Lazy Susan and a cockroach
- Orientation with our job agency and why it was a big ol' waste of time
- Matt's 26th birthday celebration in the Shenzhen nightlife!
- Moving into our apartment
And more! Thank you for reading/listening! Be sure to check our out blog post for lots more information and photos. Cheers and happy travels!
Wine: Casillero del Diablo- Merlot (Spain)
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .