Manage episode 178659440 series 1430551
Matt and Marilyn discuss the rest of their travels through Vietnam. In this podcast, we talked about the last part of our backpacking excursion through Vietnam. We left off at Da Nang last time and starting with Hue in this one. In this episode, we talked about:
- Hue and why we personally very much disliked it and its unique food
- Why we didn't explore much of Hue
- Phong Nha, a national park in Vietnam known for its caves
- Our exploration without a tour guide into a less popular cave named The Phong Nha cave (how convenient!) and how we got there
- The spectacular views on the boat ride there, inside the cave, and back
- How Matt and I got someone kicked off of a sleeper bus
- Our bus ride to our next destination, Ninh Binh, and how we arrived three hours earlier than we expected-- at 3 AM
- One of the greatest AirBNBs we'd ever stayed at and some of the greatest food we'd ever had
- Our boat ride through Trang An, it's most popular attraction, and how it completely blew us away
- Poor Matt's sudden diarrhea while on a row boat in Trang An and how he magically found a toilet in the middle of a jungle!
- The breath-snatching nature just a five-minute walk from our AirBNB
- Hanoi and the backpacker area
- Our one-day tour of Halong Bay and why it disappointed us a bit
- Kayaking on Halong Bay and discovering yet another cave
- Some of the greatest sandwiches we ever had in our lives in Hanoi
- A night out with a couple of new people we met
Thank you for reading/listening! If you'd like to know more about our backpacking adventure and see some spectacular pictures, check out the blog post!
If you missed Part 1 of our adventure, check it out here!
Cheers and happy travels!
Wine: Viña Albali - Tempranillo (Spain)
40 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 48 mins duration .