Manage episode 178659432 series 1430551
One of the biggest things we miss out on when traveling the world are the holidays. Although we do feel a bit sad we're not with our friends and families back home during some holidays, we've discovered spending them elsewhere can be rewarding!
In this episode, we discuss various holidays we've experiences abroad. We talked about:
- Halloween in Thailand, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's in Thailand and Korea.
- Random holidays, like Peppero Day in Korea, which is basically a holiday dedicated to eating chocolate, and
- What Ho Chi Minh City is like during Chinese New Year
- What it's like returning home for the holidays after a couple of years celebrating them abroad.
- New Year's celebration on Koh Chang, an island in Thailand
- New Year's in Busan, South Korea and why it's not the place to go if you want to drink heavily
- What Koreans do in Busan at sunrise on New Year's Day
- Father's Day in Thailand and what the entire country does on that day
Check out the blog post for photos and more information.
Thank you for listening! Cheers and happy travels!
Wine: Lab - Red Wine (Lisbon, Portugal)
40 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 48 mins duration .