Manage episode 195650497 series 1430551
How lucky are we that we got to chat with Monet from The Traveling Child?! We originally discovered her through her feature on Insider Travel, so yeah, she's a pretty big deal and we were honored to have her on our show!
The Traveling Child is a blog run by a mother and wife who decided to go against the social norm and not let her wanderlust nature disappear once she and her husband had kids. During her vacation time from work, she travels all around the world with her husband and two young daughters, Jordyn (3) and Kennedy (1). Her main goal for the blog is to provide tips to parents on making it easier and more affordable to travel with their kids, plus give priceless tips to those traveling/wanting to travel without kids.
In our interview episode with her, we discussed tons of things, including but not limited to:
- What The Traveling Child is, when it started, what are its goals, and what it offers readers
- The most and least kid-friendly countries Monet and her family have visited
- Jordyn and Kennedy's favorite travel destinations
- Positives and negatives of traveling with kids and why the positives far outweigh the negatives
- What it's like flying with children and some tips for making flying with them easier on everyone
- Which domestic and international flights are the most and least kid-friendly/appreciative
- Flight deals and where to find them
- Ways to build air miles
- Advice for aspiring travelers, whether they have kids or not
And much, much more!
Thank you so much for speaking with us, Monet! We had a blast talking with you and learned so much from you!
You could always check out our blog as well!
Thank you all for listening! Cheers!
Wine: Nine 17 - Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (Italy)
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 47 mins duration .