Manage episode 251351817 series 2402577
Part III of our mini-cast series on undocumented workers and the fight to repeal the employers’ sanctions provision of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (1986) (in collaboration with the Break the Chains Alliance). We talk to Shirley Lung, Professor of Law at the CUNY Law School, about the passing of IRCA, its immediate and longterm effects, and the American tradition of criminalizing marginalized workers.
Additional links/info below...
- Shirley's Faculty page
- Shirley Lung, U. Mass Law Review, "Criminalizing Work and Non-Work: The Disciplining of Immigrant and African American Workers"
- Break the Chains website: https://equalrightsforallworkers.org/
- Break the Chains Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/equalrightsforallworkers/
- Maximillian Alvarez & William Lopez, In These Times, "It's Not Just About Deportations: Trump Wants to Create a Permanent Underclass"
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Lobo Loco, "Malte Junior - Hall"