Manage episode 269683256 series 2777236
In this episode, we share our favorite area in Australia: Broome & The Kimberley region in Western Australia.
It's unspoiled wilderness in an area that is three times the size of the UK. That means endless gorges, waterfalls, and off the beaten path adventures await with little people to crowd your space.
And let us tell you about those beaches, colors and sunsets!! The best colors in the world live here!'
We also share about our life for 5 months working on Kuri Bay Pearl Farm, which was once the largest provider of South Sea Pearls in the world!
- Why Broome is our favorite place in Australia and why you WANT to visit.
- The adventures you can have in the Kimberley and a few amazing gorges and waterfalls along the Gibb River Road - Australia's best road trip adventure.
- The Best Beer in Australia + best sunset locations
- Visiting the Horizontal Falls - a natural phenomenon around the corner from Kuri Bay
- Staircase to the Moon - a popular full moon event
- Kuri Bay - our pearl farm home - and a little about Paspaley Pearls and our commute to work by sea plane over the Buccaneer Archipelago
- What cultivating a pearl involves
- Our monthly mud walk with crocodiles - this area has the second highest tidal movements in the world.
- How we worked on the boats through a cyclone and lived to tell the tale.
- The American model who was killed by a crocodile in this area.
- Camp life at Kuri Bay in the Prince Regent National Park - tourists spend thousands to see this area. We got paid to live and work in it.