Manage episode 269683247 series 2777236
Kerwin McKenzie is the expert you want for finding information on flights and global travel! He is an ex-airline employee who has been passionate about aviation since his first flight at 9. He's visited 125 countries, flown on 180 airlines, has written two books for airline employees, created several travel and flight websites and is a regular conference speaker.
In fact, on this podcast you'll learn about the unique job he once held at conferences. Now I know why he's always at every conference and attend and the most warm, friendly, and approachable person you'll have the pleasure of chatting with!
In this podcast, Kerwin will share:
- What led Kerwin to be a passionate airline geek and travel lover
- His different careers in the industry and his degree
- Kerwin's unusual job as competitive intelligence at conferences
- How Kerwin learns a lot - very powerful tip and strategy
- All about Passrider and how it helps those in the industry get standby flights and how Kerwin turned this into a business.
- Things to consider now when flying and how to best prepare.
- How flight prices are being affected
- Different regulations and restrictions in terms of cancellations and refunds and a handy tip to get a refund even when the airline doesn't let you know you can get one!
- Will you lose your mileage points during these current times? Kerwin weighs in with a few tips.
- The value of chartering private flights right now.
- What about current travel restrictions? Kerwin shares a few loopholes and discrepancies there.
- What to consider if you do want to go to another country right now.
- A few possible changes that could occur in the airline industry
- Kerwin's new venture: The Black Travel Alliance and its mission and purpose and how you can help (Future interview episode dedicated to this!)
- How we can be more conscious and ask better questions
- Why it's important to get uncomfortable
Don't forget to subscribe, share and view the show notes