Manage episode 230068050 series 2323943
In the age of the internet, many people are making the jump from school/corporate life into entrepreneurship and becoming an influencer; BUT WreckitCraig has done the complete opposite. Although Craig still boosts over 27,000 followers on Instagram and still makes a few sponsored posts through IG, he has slowly transitioned his life to become more stable by getting a job doing makeup at Macy’s.
Maybe you aren’t in the makeup industry, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t relate to Craig’s journey. The self awareness to not only realize that the influencer life is great on paper, but extremely stressful at its core; and act on it to go against the current movement and get a job is something we can all take a lesson on.
- Even though something is great at the beginning, it doesn’t mean it will always stay great
- Burnout is a real thing and if you don’t manage it well it can take a lot away from you
- Its okay to take a step back sometimes, especially when it involves your own personal health
- Learn how to leverage the internet to give yourself opportunities to show the world what you have
- Don’t do things that you don’t want to because other people want you to do it, do it because you want to and it makes you happy.
- If you’re a male, clean your face. Buy a face wash, a toner, and moisturizer and use them at least one time a day
- There is no such thing as 2 in 1s
Craig is a now a make up artist with Macy’s in the Los Angeles area with over 27,000 followers on Instagram. He has worked with some of the greatest make up brands such as Chanel and Muddy Body. He has made himself turn into the Joker as well as many other creations that you can see on his personal Instagram. Besides all of the makeup stuff, he loves to play videogames and thats actually how he got his name “WreckitCraig” was combining “Wreck It Ralph” to his name “Craig”.
This episode we talked more about his journey from his previous episode (episode 29) until today. If you want to his to more of his origin story and how he got to where he is today, check it out here!
Be sure to follow Craig’s journey on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wreckitcraig/
We LOVE hearing your feedback and just hearing from you all in general! Reach out to us via Twitter, Instagram, or email
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/getchogrindup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/GetChoGrindUp
Medium - https://medium.com/getchogrindup
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/GetChoGrindUp/
Website - https://www.getchogrindup.com/Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/getchogrindup/message
143 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 37 mins duration .