Manage episode 266488520 series 97995
When I met this week’s guest, I knew I needed to have her on the show, just based on her enthusiasm alone. Emily Francis is the host of the radio show All About Healing and author of the new book, Whole Body Healing: Create Your Own Path to Physical, Emotional, Energetic, and Spiritual Wellness. One of the reasons I’m pumped to introduce you to her is because I’ve never had a guest on the show who does the kind of work that Emily does. Today we discuss how body memory leads us to carry pain, releasing your body of emotions, and leaning into joy and gratitude. I learned so much from our time together and I hope you do too!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- About muscle memory and why we carry pain where we do. Muscle memory is very much like mental memory. Our bodies remember. (11:01)
- Some ways the body communicates its emotions - aka the body’s somatic languages. (22:00)
- The importance of working with the body for the release of emotions, like grief or anxiety. (29:00)
- How we can use tissue memory for healing. (31:00)
- Listening to your own body - aka the body scan. (43:36)