Archived series ("Inactive feed" status)
When? This feed was archived on February 07, 2020 14:28 (). Last successful fetch was on March 14, 2019 14:12 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 199312105 series 2089296
How do you build a startup from scratch while still in college? How do you get your first customer? This week, I am joined by Max Friedman for the show’s first fireside chat. Max is the CEO and co-founder of Givebutter, a social giving platform used by over 300 college campuses and brand name nonprofits like the Red Cross and Americares.
In this fireside chat, Max will share why he started Givebutter and how he approached feedback bias in the early days of the company. In our signature Lightning Round, Max will also break down his daily habits, from his morning ritual to his favorite productivity resources. Afterward, Max will reveal this week’s #BeInfinity challenge. Stay until the end of the show to see if you were featured in this week’s #BeInfinity Community Highlights!
- Max Friedman is a self-taught developer and designer, recent college grad, and the CEO and Co-Founder of Givebutter
- Max also enjoys writing, and his work has been featured in national news sources such as Fast Company, Inc.com and The Washington Post. He is originally from New Hampshire and lives in Washington, DC
- Givebutter is a social crowdfunding platform used on over 300 college campuses and by nonprofits such as It’s On Us, the Red Cross, Americares, and more
Long Form Questions
- Max’s background (0:57)
- What is Givebutter and how was company first started (2:08)
- Max’s Zero to Infinity moment (03:48)
- How to get your first customer (6:52)
- Feedback bias and the three types of feedback to be aware of (9:15)
- How can young people take a more active role in giving (11:26)
- Describe entrepreneurship in one or two words
- What is your most favorite book?
- What is your most favorite app for productivity?
- Where do you get your news?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird?
- What’s your morning rituals? Name three things you do when you first get up
- What is your zone of inspiration? Where and who do you drive inspiration from?
- What is something you wish you knew five years ago as an entrepreneur?
- By the end of this week, do an act of kindness – whether it is giving to a cause, mentoring someone, or volunteering!
- Everyone Has An Opinion About My Startup–Here’s How I Handle That
- Morning Reader: Email Digest for Tech News
- Connect with Max: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Learn more about social giving at Givebutter
This Week’s Partner
ZipRecruiter is the smartest way to hire and get hired. With over 8 million jobs, ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll ever need to find your next job. If you are a hiring manager, post to 100+ job boards with just one submission. Try ZipRecruiter For Free Today
- As a fairly new show, your support makes a huge impact
- Share this podcast with friends and coworkers who may benefit from this episode
- Subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes or wherever your get your podcast
Questions & Feedback