Manage episode 235794770 series 128090
1980 – Otherwise known as “The 24th Man” (to join Microsoft, that is), Steve Ballmer came on as Microsoft’s first Business Manager. He made only $50k and stock options. Of course 30 years later, Steve succeeded Bill Gates as CEO of the Redmond based software company.
Subcribe to Day In Tech History:
- RSS Bandwidth by Cachefly Get a 14 Day Trial
In Wisconsin, friends are called "Sconnies". Even if you're not from Wisconsin, you can be part of the Sconnie Geek Nation through my coverage! By pledging, you join the Geek Sconnie Nation! Plus, you help me cover costs so I can continue the coverage of Gadget tech, music tech, and geek culture through the shows.
Speak and Spell debuts
- Compaq purchases DEC for $9 million
- The first cameraphone photo – Philippe Kahn taking a picture of his newborn daughter
- Apple releases Safari for Windows
- 1st generation iPhone gets put on the Obsolete list
735 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 6 mins duration .