Manage episode 199235006 series 2087484
Dan accidentally (not accidentally, it was meticulously planned) dives into the Bitcoin protocol.
Correction: at one point, I mention that miners hash a block then add the nonce and rehash. This is incorrect, the nonce is a field in the block, so they're only hashing the entire block.
Bitcoin Gripe, not hype:
- The BBC Article about SETI and Bitcoin - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-43056744
- Why Bitcoin miners don't use GPUs anymore https://www.trymining.com/pages/asic-vs-gpu
- The Bitcoin white paper (annotated) - https://fermatslibrary.com/s/bitcoin
- SETI's use of the FFT (Fast Fourfier Transform) - https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_glossary/fft.php
Godzilla Geiger Counters:
- Research papers mentioned (in order) - https://inis.iaea.org/search/search.aspx?orig_q=RN:9404636 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2990119/
Blurb about Syria:
- Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians, by Noam Chomsky
- The Arab-Israeli War, by Charles W. Yost (June 1968 Issue of Foreign Affairs)
114 episodes available. A new episode about every 23 hours averaging 4 mins duration .