Manage episode 231687758 series 2182499
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including more details on Tesla's upcoming Model S/X refresh, the upcoming Tesla Autonomy event, new electric vehicles from Shanghai and New York auto shows.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
This week, the show is sponsored by Dandelion: Dandelion is the leading home geothermal company in New York. Homeowners who make the switch to geothermal heating save on average $2,250 per year. Visit DandelionEnergy.com/electrek to see if your home qualifies.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla is planning a bigger Model S/X refresh than we thought
- Tesla Gigafactory 1 battery cell production is still limited to about 23 GWh, says Elon Musk
- Tesla spotted filming self-driving demo ahead of autonomy/Tesla Network event
- Tesla releases fascinating new ‘impact report’, claims it helped prevent 4 million tons of CO2
- Tesla is developing a ‘unique battery recycling system’
- Canada’s $5,000 EV incentive starts next month, Tesla officially disqualified
- VW unveils new all-electric SUV with long range and sleek interior
- NIO unveils new all-electric sedan and fast-charging station
- ‘Tesla-clone’ Xpeng unveils new electric sedan with over 300 miles of range
- Genesis reveals “Mint,” a luxury electric city car concept
- GM files ‘Bolt EUV’ trademark – hinting at new electric car
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
90 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 59 mins duration .