Manage episode 241655869 series 1598795
FCC Vision Statement: Building on Exposition, Centering on Christ, Dying in Community, Serving on Mission
(NOTE: Allow 30-90 seconds after clicking the START-arrow or Download-button for recording to begin.)
Hatred in the Household — Pastor Lonnie D. Bell, Jr.
Sermon Series: Genesis
September 8, 2019
DEEP SHEET: Sermon Study Questions
1. Where have we seen God’s providence in Genesis so far? What do you anticipate most about getting into the story of Joseph?
2. What from the background of Genesis 37 helps us understand Jacob’s favoritism towards Joseph? How has Genesis encouraged you to avoid this in your own family?
3. Discuss the envy and hatred of Jacob’s brothers throughout the narrative. How have you seen envy play out in your life?
4. What does it mean that Jacob “kept the saying in mind” when Joseph told him about the second dream? How do Joseph’s dreams relate to Jacob’s past experiences?
5. What does this passage teach us about God’s sovereignty?
6. As you think about the brothers’ response to Joseph’s dreams, discuss how you respond to the grace of God in other people’s lives.
References: Matthew 10:29-30; Romans 8:28; Genesis 24; Genesis 29:30, 31; 30:22-24; 33:2; Romans 3:13-14; Romans 1:29; Galatians 5:19-21; James 3:16; Ecclesiastes 4:4; Genesis 41:26, 32.