Manage episode 182716850 series 1456689
Is password manager 1Password treating its customers unfairly? Are autonomous cars driving us around the bend? And what is this Net Neutrality thing anyway?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Michael Hucks from PC Pitstop.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Special Guest: Michael Hucks.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future is the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats. Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at https://recordedfuture.com/intel
- sweetsweet — Michael's band.
- Why Security Experts Are Pissed That ‘1Password’ Is Pushing Users to the Cloud — Motherboard report.
- 1Password irks security experts in push toward cloud-based vaults — AppleInsider report.
- Are local vaults going to exist for the foreseeable future? — AgileBits Support Forum — 1Password's support forum.
- 1Password wants you to sync via the cloud, but won't force you
- The new Audi A8 luxury sedan is a high-tech beast that can drive itself — The Verge.
- Tesla owners are ignoring autopilot safety advice and putting the results on YouTube — The Verge.
- The biggest threat facing connected autonomous vehicles is cybersecurity — TechCrunch.
- Join the Battle for Net Neutrality
- The coming battle over 'net neutrality' — BBC News
- The FCC Insists It Can't Stop Impostors From Lying About My Views On Net Neutrality — Karl Bode isn't very happy in this Techdirt article.
- A Bot Is Flooding The FCC Website With Fake Anti-Net Neutrality Comments... In Alphabetical Order — Arnold Aardvark isn't a fan of net neutrality apparently.
- Alexa calls cops on man allegedly beating his girlfriend — Horrendous report from the New York Post, but for once Amazon's Alexa sounds like it did some good.
- Southern Rail on Twitter — Eddie takes over Southern Rail's Twitter account.
- Work experience boy runs Southern Rail's Twitter account — Sky News.
- The Red Pill movie — Wikipedia.
- Rapidfire Chimney Starter — Weber.
- Griddled spatchcock poussins with shallot vinaigrette recipe — Apparently Carole makes a mean one of these, although we've only got her word for it.
65 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 37 mins duration .