Manage episode 195444679 series 10594
People waiting for trial often sit in jail for days or weeks just because they can’t make bail. Starting this month, that system is changing. The state is launching a new effort to reduce the amount of time people spend locked up before they’ve gone to trial. It’s part of SB91, Alaska’s criminal justice reform law. Find out more on the next Talk of Alaska.
This program is part of Alaska Public Media’s Solutions Desk. For more reporting on the state’s criminal justice reforms, click here. You can visit the Department of Corrections’ pretrial information site here.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Geri Fox, Department of Corrections
- Nancy Meade, Alaska Court System
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 9, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
262 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days .