Archive this series
Brenda Gunderson shares approaches for motivating large classes on episode 160 of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast.
Quotes from the episode
I’m always looking for one new thing, one new idea to try in an upcoming term.
I think it’s important that I keep learning. And not just learning inside my own discipline, but learning outside my discipline.
- ACUE's expert series article with Brenda Gunderson
- ACUE’s profile of Brenda Gunderson, who is featured in their Course in Effective Teaching Practices
- Interactive Notes for Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
- Stats 250 YouTube Channel
- Edsurge Article About M-Write
- Brenda’s Keynote at the LASI conference Learner Analytics Summer Institute 2016: Includes iClicker data and Ecoach
- Recent publication about How to help students study ‘smarter'
- Academic Innovation: University of Michigan
- M-Write – writing to learn
- Dancing with the Professors 2016
- Dancing with the Professors Facebook Event Page
- Try Something New
- Rosie Revere, Engineer/ by Andrea Beaty and David Roberts
- Be Mindful
- Wellness Articles from NYTimes – How to be Mindful
- How to be Mindful While Taking a Shower
- How to be Mindful While Eating Chocolate
Are You Enjoying the Show?
Rate/review the show. Please consider rating or leaving a review for the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast on whatever service you use to listen to it on (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.). It is the best way to help others discover the show.
Give feedback. As always, I welcome suggestions for future topics or guests.
Subscribe. If you have yet to subscribe to the weekly update, you can receive a single email each week with the show notes (including all the links we talk about on the episode), as well as an article on either teaching or productivity.
179 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 36 mins duration .