Manage episode 153099332 series 1081416
Jon Miller is a graphic designer turned creative director as well as the founder of Backcountry United. After spending 15 years in the design world creating content for companies like Vail Resorts, Breckenridge Ski Area, Vibram, BOA Technologies, US Forest Service, Polaris, Victory Motorcycle, MillerCoors, United Airlines, and Coca-Cola, just to name a few, he set off on a new path working to bring together the people who call mountains home.
Topics of this chat include:
- The connecting and merging of passions
- Career progression
- You’ve made a ton of friends in the industry…now what?
- Increase in backcountry recreation
- Ideas turn into reality in the form of usable products
- How to work together in maintaining the last of our public lands
- Why the mountains in North America are unique
- Combining backcountry activities and what the future looks like
- Learning to increase your interpersonal skills
- Awakening with time
- Living with no regrets
- Operating on purpose within business and in life
- Using your skills as a unique medium to change the world