Manage episode 292951537 series 2151271
Learn about emotions in online reviews; how flowers smell in space; and how water efficiency affected human evolution.
Emotions matter more than ratings when it comes to online reviews by Kelsey Donk
- “Emotional” reviews predict business success, new study shows. (2021). Northwestern.edu. https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2021/04/emotional-reviews-predict-business-success-new-study-shows
- Rocklage, M. D., Rucker, D. D., & Nordgren, L. F. (2021). Mass-scale emotionality reveals human behaviour and marketplace success. Nature Human Behaviour. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41562-021-01098-5
Roses Smell Different In Space—And You Can Smell Like Them Too by Ashley Hamer
- Space Rose Pleases the Senses | NASA Spinoff. (2002). Nasa.gov. https://spinoff.nasa.gov/spinoff2002/ch_1.html
- Space Scents | Science Mission Directorate. (2002). Nasa.gov. https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2002/18dec_scents
- Frequent Questions: The Many Versions of Shiseido Zen. (2010, January 31). Blogspot.com. http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2010/01/frequent-questions-many-versions-of.html
- Impulse Perfumes And Colognes. (2020). Fragrantica. https://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Impulse.html
Human bodies use up to 50% less water than our primate cousins, which may have helped us spread throughout the globe by Cameron Duke
- Humans evolved to be the water-saving ape. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-03/du-het030221.php
- Pontzer, H., Brown, M. H., Wood, B. M., Raichlen, D. A., Mabulla, Audax. Z. P., Harris, J. A., Dunsworth, H., Hare, B., Walker, K., Luke, A., Dugas, L. R., Schoeller, D., Plange-Rhule, J., Bovet, P., Forrester, T. E., Thompson, M. E., Shumaker, R. W., Rothman, J. M., Vogel, E., & Sulistyo, F. (2021). Evolution of water conservation in humans. Current Biology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2021.02.045
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.