Manage episode 186688830 series 1519138
Growlers, Crowlers, Boston Rounds, Screamers, Howlers - these are all different bottle formats that breweries use to package their beer for quick consumer takeaway. What are the pros and cons of each; which are our favourites; and what formats have become outdated?Show Notes:
- The history of the growler is pretty interesting! It's not a new concept for beer.
- What's a Counter Pressure Grower Filler?
- Fun fact, the Boston Round is generally known as a medicine bottle.
- While we like to think there's magic and whimsy to the bottle names, there isn't. Howler simply means Half Growler.
- How to take care of your growler (if you really have to).
- The LCBO Growler Program (note the absence of beer menu).
- The Beer Store Growler Program.
- What's a crowler?
- Yummy! - Beyond the Pale Brewing Company
- French Connection - Waller St. Brewing
- Creamsic Ale - Railway City Brewing Company
- Pale Ale - Vimy Brewing Company
- RSS: http://613beercast.libsyn.com/rss
- Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
80 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 45 mins duration .