Manage episode 242717204 series 2445362
I Choose You
In this episode we talk about the beautiful words of Jesus in John 15:16 where he tells us that He has chosen us and that his desire is that we bear fruit that will last. It’s the deepest desires of every heart to be known, to be chosen, and to belong, but often we don’t believe the truth of our belovedness in the core of our being. We chat about the difference between fruit that lasts and success and how being rooted deeply in Jesus is essential for good fruit in our life.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - The Song by NEEDTOBREATHE “A Place Only You Can Go”
Michelle’s one thing - The most wonderful time of the year...College Football is back!
Heather’s one thing - The first class relic of St. Therese the Little Flower, sent to me by Fr. Josh Johnson. You can also check out his podcast Ask Fr. Josh
Also Jesse and Kathleen of A Guy and a Girl cover NEEDTOBREATHE
- What struck you from the podcast?
- How do you feel when you imagine God saying to you “ I choose you”.
- What is one wound that you need Jesus to speak into. To speak His words of healing that you belong?
- Discuss the difference between fruit that lasts and success? Where do you hope to see good fruit in your life?
- Do you know deep in your gut that you belong to God? Why or why not?
- Where are you striving to find your identity outside of God?
- Do you love to be loved or do you love because you’ve first received it?
Quote to Ponder - “Let's remind one another that what brings true and healing joy is not successfulness, but fruitfulness" - Henri Nouwen
Scripture for Lectio Divina - John 15:16 “You did not choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last”