Manage episode 186453565 series 1059285
In episode 5, Michael hands over the mic to producer Davey Berris. Davey takes a closer look at the lean startup model and how it is being used in the city of Cleveland, OH.
- Shannon Lyons, COO of Flashstarts (http://www.flashstarts.com)
- Bill Nemeth, Director of Burton D Morgan Mentoring Program for JumpStart (https://www.jumpstartinc.org/services/mentoring/)
- Doris Korda, CEO & Founder of Wildfire Education (https://wildfire-education.org/)
In 2014, Michael Goldberg, assistant professor of design and innovation at the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University, launched his free Massive Open Online Course "Beyond Silicon Valley." Using the city of Cleveland, Ohio, as an example, Goldberg wanted to show how to create and support a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem outside of Silicon Valley. Two years later, more than 100,000 students from 190 countries have taken the course. It has been translated into 14 languages. Entrepreneurs from all over the world are now working together and learning from each other how to make their land a more business-friendly place. These are their stories.
- Beyond Silicon Valley MOOC: https://www.coursera.org/learn/entrepreneurship-development
- Weatherhead School of Management: http://weatherhead.case.edu/
Contact Michael Goldberg:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MGCleve
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/beyondsiliconvalley
8 episodes available. A new episode about every 92 days averaging 12 mins duration .