Dennis Prager on the Self-Righteously Suicidal West, the Disaster of Jewish Leftism, Intentions Versus Outcomes on the Left and Right, Western Values and Immigration, Social Media Censorship and PragerU
Manage episode 214111704 series 2327233
Dennis Prager is a nationally syndicated radio host, columnist, author of numerous books, teacher, film producer and co-founder of Prager University -- and these titles barely scratch the surface of his tireless and impactful efforts.
In a word, he has dedicated his life to advocating for Judeo-Christian and American values and principles across every medium almost daily to millions of people around the world with uncommon common sense, moral clarity and courage.
I had Dennis on the Big Ideas with Ben Weingarten podcast to discuss a variety of topics including the basis for his conservative views -- contrary to his Jewish intellectual peers, how religiosity and one's view of human nature impacts one's politics, reason versus emotion on the Left and Right, the importance of Western values in immigration policy, the state of free speech in America, social media censorship and PragerU and much more.What We Discussed
- How Dennis Prager ended up a conservative as an Ivy League-educated Jewish intellectual from Brooklyn, New York -- contrary to so many of his peers
- How perceptions of human nature divide Left and Right
- Whether government has filled the void of religion for the increasingly secular and progressive American coasts
- How the good intentions that underlie Leftist policy prescriptions lead to horrendous outcomes -- and emotion versus reason on the Left and Right
- The false morality underlying European immigration policy with respect to the Muslim world, and Prager's criticism of Jewish support of mass immigration consisting disproportionately of Jew-haters
- The self-righteous suicidalism of the West
- The Leftist bias of social media platforms and PragerU's legal battle with YouTube/Google
Thanks for Listening!
Check out other episodes, show notes and transcripts at benweingarten.com/bigideas.
Advertising & Sponsorship Inquiries: E-mail us.
Backed Vibes (clean) Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
17 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 44 mins duration .