Manage episode 293430613 series 2793008
Welcome to episode 86 of the Blind Tech Guys. We trust you will enjoy the latest episode of the pod.
Thank you to all of you for listening, and your support means so much to us.
Please see this announcement from Strap regarding a special code for BTG listeners.
Three years in the making, STRAP is an innovative, wearable device that fits over the chest and is designed to detect any type of obstacle. STRAP’s vast array of sensors work by sending real-time information that detects obstacles at your head, chest, and below your waist - including bumps, holes, and steps, then notifying you with haptic language vibrations. Designed for all ages and shipped globally later this year.
At STRAP Technologies we believe autonomy and independence are human rights; not luxuries. Our goal is to be the first replacement of the white cane, giving the visually impaired a long overdue hands free experience.
Use code BlindTech strap.tech, for 50% off the current total price of a STRAP device. Preorder today at this discounted price of $250 and pay only $50 at this time to reserve your STRAP. Once STRAP is shipped to you, you will be billed the remaining $200. This offer is just available with this Blind Tech Code.
Marco spoke with accessibility specialist and all-round great guy Neil McCullough, who walked our listeners through how to use ClubHouse, and the developers of ClubDeck, Pierre Stanislas and Philippe Breuils.
App of the Week
Kirt demonstrates Spotify on an Android phone.
Did You Know
Marco demonstrates notification settings and do not disturb on Android on a Samsung S21 Ultra.
We read out several emails this week, and as always, it's wonderful to hear from all of you with your questions. You are welcome to write to us, or send us links to recordings. Either visit www.blindtechguys.com and complete our form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome user questions, requests for interviews, and user-submitted tips and tutorials.
Consider a Donation
Did you know that we pay more than $50/month to bring this content to you?
- If you enjoy and value our content, please consider donating. Any contribution, no matter how small, helps us give you more app demos, device reviews, and tips to help you make the most of your technology.
- You can either make a one-time, individual donation as a guest, or you can donate monthly using our various tiers.
- If you are an individual or business and wish to sponsor the podcast, and would like for us to advertise your business or social channels in return, please get in touch, or check out our donation page for the relevant option.
Please consider sharing our podcast with your friends, and let app developers know that you heard a demo of their app on our podcast by tagging them on Twitter.
We thank you for your support, and for your listenership!
Get in Touch
To get in touch, you can fill out the contact form on our website. Alternatively our direct email is email@example.com
- You can also join our mailing list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can find and interact with us at the following: