Manage episode 374831844 series 2981859
I spoke to Soham Sankaran who runs PopVax, an Indian mRNA vaccine company. Their goal is to build low-cost broadly-protective vaccines to protect against the entire sarbecovirus species. Read Soham's experience here (https://chronicles.popvax.com/p/three-meetings-and-six-million-funerals) as a complement to this episode. Also check out their jobs page (https://jobs.popvax.com/) for opportunities.
This episode includes
- How he started PopVax and (went bankrupt in the process)
- Why there hasn't been a successful Indian mRNA vaccine yet
- Why developing countries can't afford drugs for rare diseases
- What they're doing to fix it
- Their biggest constraints