Manage episode 163351601 series 1283731
Adam Stacoviak, Andrew Thorp and Kenneth Reitz talk with Chad Whitacre about sustaining open source through Gittip, building an open company and more.
Notes and Links
- We're joined by Chad Whitacre of gittip.com
- gittip.com allows you to send recurring gifts to people you want to support
- Chad is running gittip.com as an open company
- Pledgie is a way to raise funds online
- The MacArthur Genius Grant is a program that supports awesome people doing awesome things
- Balanced Payments is the payment provider behind gittip
- Stripe is another payment provider
- Watsi is crowd funding for changing the world for good
- Balanced has open sourced their dashboard
- A BDFL is a Benevolent Dictator for Life
- The Lean Startup is a book by Eric Ries
- Heroku gives on gittip.
- MaxCDN gives on gittip.
- Reddit is an open source project and is on github
- Share projects and links with us on our subreddit
- You can sign up for the gittip newsletter
- Medium is a new writing platform
- Kenneth loves this tweet from Chad on Twitter
528 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 57 mins duration .