Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 18, 2019 06:17 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 222808942 series 1839377
An update from Marla Taner on 2018’s best travel reward options, a hack for keeping your bills low, a review of Monday’s episode with Doc G.
- Jonathan tries out a new service to ensure that his bills are staying low.
- Billfixers.com is fixing a ‘pain point’ for Jonathan.
- How can someone balance simplicity, and a willingness to say yes to opportunities?
- Review of Monday’s episode: Purpose, Identity and Connection.
- Finding your identity – the story you tell yourself, about yourself – is crucial to finding your space in the world.
- Why was Brad was given singing lessons as a gift from a couple at Chautauqua?
- Marla Taner joins the show to update about travel rewards:
- She’s traveling to Hawaii for New Years with 9 friends.
- Flight reward deals are not as good during Christmas, but hotels are usually consistent.
- What is the Southwest Companion Pass and what is the strategy to get it?
- Earn the ability to bring someone with you for free on every Southwest flight for up to 2 years.
- Must earn 110,000 Southwest rewards points in one calendar year.
- Current strategy:
- Southwest’s Business card comes with 60k points.
- Southwest’s Personal card comes with 40k points.
- Southwest has good sales on right now.
- What does it take to apply for a business card?
- Barclay Arrival Plus – Marla’s recommendation for beginners.
- Capital One Venture card has added a transferrable-points feature.
- Don’t overspend, look for opportunities to front-load some of your normal expenses to hit minimum spends (i.e., utility bills, or internet, grocery gift cards).
- Marla is joining Tim and Amy Rutherford from ChooseFI Episode 79 in Tempe, AZ for a few days. Want to join?
- Best way to connect with Marla, Tim and Amy is via the Go With Less blog.
209 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 60 mins duration .