Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on May 24, 2019 01:02 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 231327337 series 2392584
Amy Edmondson: The Fearless Organization
Amy Edmondson is the Novartis Professor of Leadership and Management at the Harvard Business School. She has been recognized by the Thinkers50 global ranking of management thinkers for many years and was honored with their Talent Award in 2017. Amy is the author of several, highly regarded books on teaming and psychological safety, including her newest book, The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation and Growth*.
- Psychological safety varies a lot even inside of an organization.
- More effective teams may appear to make more mistakes, but it’s likely those teams are just more comfortable reporting mistakes.
- Instead of calling it an error, call it an accident. And rather than calling it an investigation, call it a study.
- It’s fine to say, “I don’t know” when appropriate because it signals to others that it is okay to admit when they don’t know something.
- If somebody shares a problem, say thank you and then ask how you can help.
- Leaders should be concerned if they’re not hearing bad news.
- The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation and Growth* by Amy Edmondson
- Amy Edmondson faculty page
Download my highlights from The Fearless Organization in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL229: Leadership Lessons from the Challenger Disaster, with Allan McDonald
- CFL241: Turn Followers Into Leaders, with David Marquet
- CFL363: The Path of Humble Leadership, with Edgar Schein
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at https://coachingforleaders.com
357 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 36 mins duration .