Manage episode 186100958 series 46572
On the 20th of December 1900, the lighthouse tender Hesperus approached the Flannan Isles with supplies for the lighthouse. When they approached, they new something was wrong. There were no signs of the three-man crew. The island was search. The men were gone and they were never seen again. This is the story of the Flannan Isles Lighthouse mystery.
Show notes and links:
- Pharos of Alexandria | ancient lighthouse, Alexandria, Egypt (britannica.com)
- Flannan Isles Lighthouse – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- This link has no title (uslhs.org)
- Lighthouses@Lighthouse Digest … The Mysterious Disappearance of the Flannan Islands Lighthouse Keepers (lighthousedigest.com)
- The Great Lighthouse Mystery of Eilean Mor (mysteriousuniverse.org)
- The mysterious disappearance of the Eilean Mor lighthouse keepers. (historic-uk.com)
- The Vanishing Lighthousemen of Eilean Mor | Mike Dash (academia.edu)
- Has mystery of Flannan Isles finally been solved? (sundaypost.com)
1140 episodes available. A new episode about every 23 hours averaging 29 mins duration .