Manage episode 292095660 series 2151271
Learn about how to stop Zoom fatigue; a world that may be on its second atmosphere; and koalas’ human-like fingerprints.
4 reasons you feel "Zoom fatigue" and how to get over them, according to Stanford research by Kelsey Donk:
- Stanford Zoom Exhaustion and Fatigue Scale survey: https://comm.stanford.edu/ZEF
- Ramachandran, V. (2021, February 23). Four causes for “Zoom fatigue” and their solutions | Stanford News. Stanford News; Stanford University. https://news.stanford.edu/2021/02/23/four-causes-zoom-fatigue-solutions/
- Bailenson, J. N. (2021). Nonverbal overload: A theoretical argument for the causes of Zoom fatigue. Technology, Mind, and Behavior, 2(1). https://doi.org/10.1037/tmb0000030
Astronomers discover a planet that may be on its second atmosphere by Grant Currin:
- Distant Planet May Be On Its Second Atmosphere, NASA’s Hubble Finds. (2021). NASA. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2021/distant-planet-may-be-on-its-second-atmosphere-nasas-hubble-finds
- Swain, M. R., et. al. (2021). Detection of an Atmosphere on a Rocky Exoplanet. ArXiv.org. https://arxiv.org/abs/2103.05657
Koalas And Humans Have The Same Fingerprints by Anna Todd:
- Wolchover, N. (2011, May 3). Koalas Have Human-like Fingerprints. Livescience.com; Live Science. https://www.livescience.com/14007-koalas-human-fingerprints.html
- Alasdair Wilkins. (2011, May 4). Koalas have exactly the same fingerprints as humans. Io9; io9. https://io9.gizmodo.com/koalas-have-exactly-the-same-fingerprints-as-humans-5798400
- Bryce, E. (2019, December 21). Why Do We Have Fingerprints? Livescience.com; Live Science. https://www.livescience.com/why-do-humans-have-fingerprints.html#:~:text=Fingers%20and%20friction&text=%22People%20have%20had%20two%20ideas,Hull%20in%20the%20United%20Kingdom.
- Warman, P. H., & Ennos, A. R. (2009). Fingerprints are unlikely to increase the friction of primate fingerpads. Journal of Experimental Biology, 212(13), 2016–2022. https://doi.org/10.1242/jeb.028977
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.