Manage episode 232408787 series 2285149
In this episode, Nathan and Bill Emerson discuss:
- Bill’s upbringing, college days at Penn State and lessons learned from his father.
- How team sports shapes people.
- Bill’s journey from loan officer to CEO of Quicken Loans.
- Leadership insight, the importance of serving others and what motivates Bill today.
- You don’t have to be the most talented, you just have to work harder than everyone else.
- Effort, energy, and sacrifice is required if you want to be great.
- Everything starts with the people on your team and your relationships with them.
- Focus on removing obstacles for the people you are leading.
Give in any capacity you can because it is the right thing to do. "When you take team members and empower them to be part of the solution, you can do anything." — Bill Emerson Connect with Bill Emerson: Bill Emerson, Vice Chairman Quicken Loans & Rock Holdings, Inc. 1050 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI 48226 800 863-4332 Twitter – @BillEmerson Quicken Loans website - www.quickenloans.com Connect with Nathan Mersereau: Phone: 248-645-1520 Website: www.dayinacanoe.com Email: email@example.com Twitter: @NathanMersereau LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200 Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304 Show Notes by Podcastologist/Show Producer: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.