Manage episode 191454658 series 1749539
On today's show, I have my good friend Sarah Bruggeman who is a Pastry Chef at Pangea Kitchen located in Evansville, Indiana.Sarah and I went to high school together and we all knew that Sarah would go on to work in the restaurant industry in some way because she's always had a passion for baking.Sarah talks about how she got started in the restaurant industry and what led her to be a key person to starting and growing Pangea Kitchen to what it is today.Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
- How Sarah got started as a Pastry Chef.
- How Sarah was approached by a new restaurant owner to run her own gelateria.
- How she decided on what school to go to.
- What her number 1 priority is every day when she goes into work.
- How she prioritizes her to dos as a pastry chef.
- One thing that customers do that annoy people in the restaurant industry.
- The difference between gelato, ice cream, and custard.
- Where she gets inspiration for creating new pastries.
- Her favorite and least favorite parts of working in the restaurant industry.
- Her most stressful moments being a pastry chef.
- Who her favorite Real Housewife is.
- Sarah's love of Celine Dion.
- How to properly order a Vodka Cranberry.
Full show notes at: http://brittneyllynn.com/007
Links mentioned: Sullivan University: https://sullivan.edu/ Pangea Kitchen: https://www.tastepangea.com/ Follow Sarah on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahkaleyb18/ Follow Pangea on Facebook & Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/pangeakitchen/ https://www.instagram.com/tastepangea/
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners
Join the Day in the Life newsletter
14 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 63 mins duration .