Manage episode 170915576 series 12320
Hi friends! We're honored to be finalists for the Security Blogger Awards 2017 "Best Security Podcast" so if you listen, go vote for "Wh1t3Rabbit" (as we're labeled)
Digital transformation forces businesses to rethink cybersecurity
- A change where operations are being held accountable for security
- James has commented on this before. In order to get better security, it needs to be embedded in the teams within the organization, not just the security team.
Mobile is still the safest place for your data
- Most breaches are taking place in physical mediums, or traditional platforms
- Mobile was designed in the midst of the discussion on ‘digital threats’ - designed with security
- Mobile platforms are encrypted, more secure by default
The WhatsApp Backdoor That Isn’t
- Everyone freaked out that this is a government backdoor
- But - check your threat model - are you really worried about this (even if it was?)
- This is a design variation (if you freak out about this, you don’t understand the problem)
- Link: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/13/whatsapp-backdoor-allows-snooping-on-encrypted-messages
- Link: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/13/whatsapp_encryption_concerns/
- Link: https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2017/01/whatsapp_securi.html
Organizational complexity is the greatest threat to cybersecurity
- This article is in a healthcare IT publication, not security - interesting?
- We know the enemy of security is complexity
- Why does it feel like security tends to make things complex?
302 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 47 mins duration .