Manage episode 174279560 series 108783
In this operational edition of the Exploring Information Security podcast, Jeff Lang from Virginia Tech joins me to discuss his day-to-day in a SOC.
Jeff is a good friend of mine and one that I leaned on heavily when I was working in a SOC. He's been a IT Security Analyst for a while now and loves what he does. We've spent countless hours discuss SOC life. We've talked about nuances and some of the things he sees on a regular basis monitoring a college campus. I decided it would make for an interesting podcast episode.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a security operations center (SOC)?
- What are some of the roles in a SOC?
- What are some of the day-to-day things seen?
- What are the skills needed to work in a SOC?
- Security Operations Center: Building, Operating, and Maintaining your SOC by Joseph Muniz, Gary McIntyre, Nadhem AlFardan
- Designing and building a security operations center by Nathans, David; Limbert, Matthew
155 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 32 mins duration .