Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on November 22, 2017 17:44 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 191569174 series 1755045
Luz Gonzalez is a UC Berkeley alumnus, who graduated from Cal with a B.A. in International Political Economy and then again with a J.D in International Law and Legal Studies from the Boalt School of Law. Her current venture, Konviv, aims to bring financial empowerment to the underbanked populations around the world, in the form of an affordable and mobile money management platform.
Shortly into her career of practicing law, she made a pivot into entrepreneurship, having realized that the potential social impact she could have on the world through building businesses. Luz has also spent time as a Hot Desking team at Skydeck whilst building Konviv in the very early days.
On this episode, we talk about not only Konviv's mission and long term vision, but also the founder's personal journey and lessons she's learned along the way. We touch topics like:
- First discovering Silicon Valley only after graduating law school, despite having been in the Bay Area for so long
- How difficult it is to not only build product, but also the culture of the team
- Using General Assembly to learn as much as she needed to keep the company moving forward
- Women and minorities in technology, not having a role model to look up to
- Her dream to help "bank the unbanked 3.5 billion people" around the globe
- Her top 3 books
- and much, MUCH more!
As always, we hope you enjoy the episode, and find it helpful for your entrepreneurial pursuits. Please like us on Facebook, subscribe on iTunes, and leave a review if you feel generous!
3 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 38 mins duration .