210: How to Create a Multimillion-Dollar Software Product the Market Actually Wants, With Crazy Egg’s Hiten Shah
Manage episode 214181717 series 62727
Hiten Shah has a killer track record when comes to creating software products. He and his co-founders have built several multimillion-dollar releases, including Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics, and many of their features were the first of their kind to hit the industry.
It might seem like Shah has stumbled onto a secret formula for software-building success. But to him, it’s simply a matter of creating what his audience wants. Solving a problem is the biggest determinant of a software’s success, and Shah builds this methodology into every new piece he creates.
In this informative interview, Shah shares the details behind his process, from planning the software build and ensuring a market fit, to hiring the right people to bring it to life. As an avid mentor and advisor, Shah also answers our own, real world questions about future software builds for Foundr. Listen in and get inspired!Key Takeaways
- Learn about Shah’s newest software products to hit the market
- The secret to building a profitable software product (it starts long before the first line of code is written)
- How to avoid building something nobody wants
- When to hire internally and when to outsource when building a SaaS product
- Where most product managers go wrong during development
- How to prevent your software tool from getting too bloated and overcomplicated
- Sign up for Shah's newsletter here
250 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 45 mins duration .