284: Mastering the Art of Paid Media: Spending Over $85M on Facebook, With Structured Social Co-Founder Nick Shackelford
Manage episode 250367998 series 62727
Nick Shackelford used to be a goalie for the American pro soccer team, LA Galaxy II. So how did he end up being an expert in the online ad space?
After leaving the soccer league at the end of 2015, Shackelford felt limited by his career options—either training people or playing in a low soccer division—and decided to take the road less traveled instead. He gained experience in paid social media through an internship at PepsiCo. and a stint at a digital marketing agency.
Shackelford used the knowledge he gained to start his own fidget spinner business called Fidgetly. This was where he further cemented his paid marketing know-how and also mastered the art of scaling quickly without breaking the bank. Even after the close of Fidgetly, Shackelford continues to put his knowledge to good use by helping brands through his online marketing, branding and consulting company, Structured Social.
Whether you’re looking to learn more about scaling, media buying, or paid advertisements, Shackelford is your guy. Make sure to check out his interview to take a deeper dive into these fascinating topics!Key Takeaways
- How Shackelford went from pro soccer player to intern at PepsiCo.
- His experience working on paid social media campaigns for the iPhone 7, iPad Pro, and the Apple Watch
- The rise of fidget spinners, and how this trend helped launch his own business Fidgetly
- The discovery of Shackelford’s superpower: scaling via paid marketing
- An overview of Shackelford’s work with various brands after closing Fidgetly
- How he helped one company clear $10.7 million in sales in 35 days using online ads
- Shackelford’s best advice for 6-figure businesses that want to accelerate growth
- The traits of a good media buyer
- A sneak peek from Shackelford into the new Foundr course he’s teaching