Manage episode 332207276 series 3266238
By 1980. Billy Joel was ready for prime time. Starting with a feature on 20/20 during the lead up to Glass Houses, he graduated from just playing a song or two on a talk show to getting regular MTV spotlights, being the subject of news features, and appearing on morning shows for a week at a time.
As Billy's popularity reached its peak, he also honed his interview style. Over multiple appearances, he develops his stories, talking points and jokes, and refines them over time.
The second half of the 80s would find him coasting on the new media personality he developed, even as his band, personal, and business relationships got rocky. But at the start of the decade, Billy was riding high on the small screen.
Join us as we dig deep into Billy Joel's television appearances from 1980 to 1984.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glass Houses - A Billy Joel Podcast on the web / social media:
- Website: http://www.glasshousespod.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glasshousespodcast/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glasshousespod/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/glasshousespod
- Discord: https://discord.gg/6G6cMRFu7T
Support the podcast:
- Paypal: https://paypal.me/glasshousespod
- Venmo: @MGrosvenor
Produced by Michael Grosvenor & Jack Firneno for Groove Music Marketing