Manage episode 315645481 series 2674787
Web Development Guide for 2022
- GitHub actions won’t replace you.
- Next.JS won’t replace PHP.
- PHP won’t replace Python.
- AWS will continue to build more stuff that you don’t need but will be require you to use it for unrelated but coupled tasks.
- Google Cloud will keep playing catchup.
- Docker will continue to be the containerisation tool of choice.
- Podman will not replace Docker.
- Microsoft will sell developer focused laptops. Dell has done this but Microsoft could bundle the laptops with pre installed developer software tools.
- Microsoft will attempt to by a Linux laptop manufacturer.
- Kubernetes will continue to dominate the cloud.
- Web 3 will not replace web 2.
- Web services that offer subscriptions will introduce their own block chains and wallets.
- A games manufacturer will release their own wallet and coins/tokens which can be exchanged for in game purchases or game expansions.
- Open source could be funded by crypto.
- A Spotify like company that focuses solely on podcasts could pay artists/creators based on the number of listeners or listen time. This could be done via the blockchain.
- More NPM hacks.
- More developers will try and downsize their dependancies using micro frameworks.
- GraphQL won’t replace REST.
- NoSQL won’t replace relational databases.
- Job requirements will start to require experience with the blockchain and dapps.
- Serverless won’t replace servers but serverless technology will become more popular and it will be a sought after skill.
- CI/CD will become the norm.
- In the next Covid lockdown or the next set of restrictions, the job market will be better then it was during the first lockdown
- Remote working will become the default for all levels of developer.
- VR will improve but we won’t need to put a helmet on to go to a meeting.
- FaceBook or Twitter will start selling promoted adverts with crypto currencies.
- API’s will still be king.
- Headless CMS’s will become more popular.
Let me know your thoughts or get something read out on air.
My web development courses
➡️ Learn Python
⏰ My current live coding schedule (Times are BST)
Thursdays 20:00 = Live Podcast YouTube
Sundays 14:30 - Live coding on Twitch