Manage episode 233836381 series 164371
Check out our new Parasaurolophus gear on TeePublic! bit.ly/iknowdinostore
Dinosaur of the day Chungkingosaurus, one of the smallest known stegosaurs.
Interview with Andrew McDonald, curator and an educator at the Western Science Center in Hemet, California. His research focuses on the evolution of dinosaurs in North America during the Cretaceous, and he regular does field work in New Mexico. Since becoming curator, he's already named two new dinosaurs: Dynamoterror and Invictarx.
In dinosaur news this week:
- Suskityrannus, the “coyote” ancestor to T. rex was described from New Mexico
- Russian paleontologists have found fossils of Cretaceous stegosaurs which may belong to a new species
- In Escondido, California, The Roynon Museum of Earth Science and Paleontology will be shutting down on June 29
- In Ogden, Utah, Ogden’s George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park has some new models, including a Utahraptor
- The Museum for Natural Sciences in Brussels, Belgium, has a new Allosaurus named “Arkhane” until April of next year
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Chungkingosaurus, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Chungkingosaurus-Episode-233/
238 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 50 mins duration .