Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on October 13, 2022 15:51 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 248600222 series 49589
- Fibre's are dead - long live "Virtual Threads"
- Undelimited continuations are not functions
- R2DBC 0.8.0 goes GA - Reactive database clients for Java
- RUST: Shipping a compiler every 6 weeks
- Microsoft: We're creating a new Rust-based programming language for secure coding
- I.e. they're not, this is just another research language. MS is however still heavily looking at rust, and employing rust developers.
- Unleashing the (Armed) Bear past Java 11
- Using Jlink to shrink your webservices… including nativeimages in the followup tweets
- Style guide for Text Blocks
- Lambda performance in node - regressions:
- Version 13.5.0 -- Questionable Changes? "My testing indicates that the for...of construct is about 60-70% slower as opposed to a classic for(let i; i; i++)."
- JEP 305: Pattern Matching for instanceof (Preview) was proposed to target.
- JEP 343: Packaging Tool (Incubator) was proposed to target.
- JEP 345: NUMA-Aware Memory Allocation for G1 was integrated.
- JEP 349: JFR Event Streaming was integrated.
- JEP 352: Non-Volatile Mapped Byte Buffers was targeted.
- JEP 358: Helpful NullPointerExceptions was integrated.
- JEP 359: Records (Preview) was integrated.
- JEP 361: Switch Expressions (Standard) was integrated.
- JEP 362: Deprecate the Solaris and SPARC Ports
- JEP 363: Remove the Concurrent Mark Sweep (CMS) Garbage Collector was targeted.
- JEP 364: ZGC on macOS was targeted.
- JEP 366: Deprecate the ParallelScavenge + SerialOld GC Combination was proposed to target.
- JEP 367: Remove the Pack200 Tools and API was targeted to JDK 14.
- JEP 368: Text Blocks (Second Preview) was proposed to target.
- Thread suspend/resume are now deprecated for removal (build 21)
- Added LuxTrust Global Root 2 Certificate (build 24)
- NUMA JEP mentioned last week now has an Implementation merged for "NUMA-Aware Memory Allocation for G1":