Manage episode 219138173 series 8373
It’s been a long time between episodes, with illness, work, and rock’n’roll getting in the way - but after planning to get another episode out to discuss the recent Java 11 release, not even the arrival of Japanese doom band Church of Misery (my youtube video and photos/review) was going to stop Greg and I from getting our rant on….
- Intro to Episode 158
- General Java
- Helidon - new NON JEE webstack from Oracle
- Micronaut Release Candidate 1 is finally here!
- Actually, RC3 is now available at time of posting.
- Natively compiling Micronaut microservices using GraalVM for insanely faster startups
- Auto-updatable, self-contained CLI with Java 11
- Videos are (already) ready for the Java sessions at Microsoft Ignite 2018!
- Non Java Programming Language News
- Announcing: JavaFX 11
- New Community Website: JavaFX
- Kotlin 1.3 RC is Here: Migrate Your Coroutines!
- Teh Strong Static Type Fail
- Code Style
- The Observation Deck » The relative performance of C and Rust
- Interesting Books
- Sunsetting Google+
- Fast Forward To 11
- 90 New Features (and APIs) in JDK 11 - Azul Systems, Inc.
- JLink can't use automatic-modules - does that make it dead?
- Java's new Z Garbage Collector (ZGC) is very exciting
- Licensing Issues / Changes
- AdoptOpenJDK Java 11 builds now available
- MacOS binary layout changes - now conforming to the standard Mac package layout, which the official Oracle JDK release also follows.
- Oracle Code One - On Demand Videos